Wednesday 11 January 2017

New Year’s Resolutions (Clickbait :-P)

 New Year’s Resolutions are one of the most over-saturated and over-used topics which we think about during the time between November and February.  But the conventional way of thinking about New Year’s Resolutions isn’t the best way.  For example, people tend to think about what they should be doing not what they want to do, and they usually look at their resolutions as goals, which makes their life seem like an infinite loop of goal-after-goal dilemma.  Furthermore, most people follow what others are doing, rather than doing something new, and almost everyone waits until New Year’s ‘Eve to start making changes, instead of starting at any random day of the year.  Researchers found that over a third of resolutions don't make it to February, and three-quarters of remaining plans are canceled before March, and a study done on New Year’s Resolutions shows that only 8% of goals are 100% achieved.  So it seems like people are doing something wrong here…

Now my resolutions for this year are as follows: (As of January 2017)
  1. Gain 15Kg (33lbs) of weight, or mass for you physicists out there, especially you Ms. Dana… Because, you know, I’m under-weight.
  2. Eliminate all problems that I have between my ex-girlfriend and I.
  3. Change my habit of rushing everything small and start to think deeply into everything, even if it wasn’t that big.

Now the first one needs work; I just need to try to enjoy food a bit more, so I can get it done.  Now you might say that the second resolution is really hard, but now I can call that done before I even write this. Thanks to an apology e-mail [So now I can call her my ex-ex-girlfriend/ girlfriend! ;-) :-P].  The problem lies in the third resolution, which is” god damn terrifying.” -Austin, THE SCIENCE, Game Theory

Now I want to change this because now that I'm 3 years away from being independent, I’ll start making decisions of my own; therefore, I want everything to be 100% perfect.  And when I mean 100%, I MEAN 100%! So as you can see from my use of upper-case letters I’m a perfectionist, so by changing that habit, I can change my brain-farts to brain-SMARTS!  Now I have struggled because of this problem a lot in the past…  Stuff kept happening like losing 33052.19 chess games because of me losing my queen foolishly, lots of deaths and defeats in lots of video games like Red Alert 2: Yuri’s Revenge and War blade, and losing my ex-ex-girlfriend (And that includes getting her back, of course).  So I want to change this horrible habit of mine by simply trying to remember to think, how ironic…  Believe it or not that the only part, for now at least.  I can ‘Achieve’ this by telling others to remind me to think, or maybe keep something on me to remind me, like a smartphone cover or something like that.  If I work hard enough to get out of rushing, my life would be a whole ton easier, and it will save me from getting my brains out of my head.

You’ll be seeing a follow-up in May to show you my success, so look forward for that.
Mic drops {Talafhah is out}

3 comments:

  1. Although you are ever getting serious, This is the most SERIOUS and LOGICAL one. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a really good resolution for your new year. I think you will success as long as you follow your plan. Your articles are always interesting to read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. good job Omar. eat fast food if you want to be fat :)

    ReplyDelete